2020/2021 Ph.D Admission
The World Bank Africa Centre of Excellence in Oilfield Chemicals Research (ACE-CEFOR), University of Port Harcourt (UniPort) was established in 2013 to support quality postgraduate training and manpower development in Africa. The ACE-CEFOR offers International Graduate Programmes for sustainable development in the Petroleum and Allied Industries. We are well-positioned to deliver high quality Professional Services to the Oil and Gas Sector through capacity building/cutting-edge research in addressing Regional Development Challenges.
Ph.D PROGRAMME IN PETROLEUM STUDIES AND RELATED DISCIPLINES
The objective of the programme is to commit intelligent and talented young men and women within the African region to solving the diverse problems in the oil and gas, and allied industries. The doctoral degree programmes are offered in the following areas: (1) Petroleum Engineering; (2) Chemical Engineering; (3) Petroleum/Energy Economics; (4) Geosciences; (5) Environmental Technology and Management (6) Occupational Health and Safety; (7) Microbiology; (8) Pure and Industrial Chemistry, (9) Plant Science and Biotechnology, (10) Other related Science and Engineering Courses.
- Candidates with relevant M.Sc degree of the University of Port Harcourt with a CGPA of 4.0 and above on a scale of 5, and a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a scale of 5 in their first degree or its equivalent degree from any accredited institution.
- Candidates must also possess the minimum entry requirements with, at least, a credit pass in Mathematics and English Language in their Ordinary Level certificates.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME
Minimum of twenty-four (24) and maximum of thirty-six (36) Calendar months of intensive modular taught courses and industry-relevant research project.
(NOTE THAT AN ACCOUNT MUST BE CREATED ON OUR WEBSITE FIRST AND ORDER MUST BE PLACED BEFORE PROCEEDING TO MAKE PAYMENT)
A non-refundable application fee of thirty thousand naira (₦ 30,000.00) or one hundred US dollars (US $100) online transfer payable to:
Account Name: U AND C MICROFINANCE
Account Number: 0522003298
Bank: ECOBANK (NOTE: USE YOUR FULL NAMES AS THE DEPOSITOR’S NAME DURING THE TRANSFER OR ON YOUR TELLER FOR EASY IDENTIFICATION)
Payment can also be made online at www.aceceforuniport.edu.ng/admissions
- Visit the website of the school: www.aceceforuniport.edu.ng/admissions to create an account and verify your email address
- Click on APPLICATION FEE PAYMENT MENU, SELECT PAYMENT METHOD(BANK DEPOSIT/INTERNET TRANSFER/ONLINE PAYMENT VIA DEBIT CARD) AND PROCEED TO MAKING PAYMENT BY COMPLETING THE PROCESS OF CHECKOUT. Evidence of payment made via bank transfer/Internet transfer/bank deposit should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org )
(ONLINE PAYMENT ENABLES INSTANT ACTIVATION TO FILL THE FORM. BANK DEPOSIT/TRANSFER WILL NEED TO BE CONFIRMED BEORE YOU CAN FILL THE FORM)
- Click the APPLICATION FORM MENU TO Fill the Application Form online
- Ensure your referees fill your reference form via the link sent to their email. Alternatively you can send our email to your referees (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) to send your reference as an email message or MS WORD attachment.
- Upload the required documents on the website (www.aceceforuniport.edu.ng/admissions) via the UPLOADS MENU
- Transcript should be sent to the school through the transcript label sent to your email or electronic copy sent to our mail (email@example.com)
- Three (3) coloured copies of the Completed application form with your referees remarks reflected plus supporting documents including evidence of payment enclosed should be submitted in person or mail to: The Centre Leader, ACE-CEFOR Office, Opposite Choba Police Station, East-West Road, UniPort on or before Friday, 30th April 2021.
Applicants should visit our websites https://www.aceceforuniport.edu.ng/admissions to Pay online, fill the Application form online.
Dates to Note
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed/present research proposal by the last week of April 2021. List of admitted candidates will be uploaded on our website; www.aceceforuniport.edu.ng by May 2021.
For general enquiries, please, call: +234(0)8037100051 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Technical enquiries, please, Call: +234(0)7067281841, or E-mail: email@example.com.